Cockroaches are one of the most reviled and feared insect infestations for most people and business. There is good reason for this as these insects can carry diseases responsible for dysentery, typhoid, and polio. They are also responsible for allergic reactions in many people.
They thrive in warm, humid and dark conditions.
Signs of cockroach infestation include:
- Seeing live insects – cockroaches are nocturnal. You will most likely see them when turning on the light in the kitchen at night
- Egg cases and cast skins – cockroaches shed their skin 5-8 times as they mature.
- Droppings – cockroaches leave a dust of black droppings less than 1mm wide and of varying lengths.
- Odour – established cockroach infestations produce an unpleasant, musty smell.
- Damage – cockroaches will attack organic goods including leather and books.
- German Cockroach – 12-15mm: Brown in colour with 2 dark stripes on the thorax. The wings are as long as the body or slightly overlapping in both sexes. Despite this they prefer to run or climb.
- Oriental Cockroach – 20-30mm: Dark brown to black in colour. The wings are undeveloped in the female but cover ¾ length of the abdomen in the male. Both sexes prefer to run or climb.
- American Cockroach – 20-30mm: the American Cockroach is reddish brown in colour. These cockroaches tend to be found in dark, undisturbed areas that are high in humidity.
Cockroaches require treatment by a professional pest controller.
Get in touch for a quotation and description of how we will successfully resolve the issue for you.
Have questions or want to book?
Available for same-day consultation where possible.